BTEC Level 2 First Construction Student Book
Part of the BTEC Level 2 First Construction series
- Publication Date
- May 2010
Support for the QCF 2010 specification.
The Student Book is for the BTEC Level 2 First Construction QCF 2010 specification.
- Covers three mandatory and nine specialist units giving you the breadth to cover the full diploma, and tailor the course.
- Each unit contains assessment activities.
- Put yourself in the professionals’ shoes: WorkSpace case studies take your learners into the real world of work, showing them how they can apply their knowledge in a real-life context.
- Advice from former students.
- Assignment tips: Unit-by-unit advice.
- Student focus: Straight-forward accessible language is used with short text chunks, to keep the content engaging for all your students.
The Author Team
They are all experienced teachers of construction and have developed many educational resources and publications.
Unit 1 Structure of the construction industry
Unit 2 Exploring health, safety and welfare in construction
Unit 3 Sustainability in the construction industry
Unit 8 Exploring carpentry and joinery
Unit 9 Performing joinery operations
Unit 10 Performing carpentry operations
Unit 11 Exploring trowel operations
Unit 12 Performing blockwork operations
Unit 13 Performing brickwork operations
Unit 14 Exploring painting and decorating
Unit 15 Performing paperhanging operations
Unit 16 Performing decorating operations
Rachel Wells, Compliance Officer
24 April 2015