Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma: Candidate Book 3rd edition
Part of the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care series
- £26.75 + £0.54 UK VAT
- Publication Date
- March 2011
Let Heinemann tend to your every need: full support for the new Level 2 Health and Social Care qualification
Heinemann offers a total solution for those taking and delivering the new Level 2 qualification in Health and Social Care, supporting you in your qualification so that you in turn can support others.Written by Yvonne Nolan, our resources lead you down the pathway to success, and help you achieve healthy results.
Candidate Handbook, 3rd edition
Written in line with the QCF to provide comprehensive support for the new Diploma in Health and Social Care, which has replaced the NVQ.
Covers the mandatory and most popular units for all pathways through the new qualification to ensure you have everything you need to help you through this transition.
Written by best-selling author Yvonne Nolan, so you can be confident you have the expert support your candidates need to succeed.
Highly illustrated units and varied activities mean that candidates are kept engaged and can access the information they need quickly, whilst the smaller book format makes the book more portable and easier to use.
Packed with real-life scenarios and case studies throughout to put work in context for the candidate.
Personalisation integrated throughout, to help candidates put the individual at the heart of care.
Assessment guidance features throughout offer advice on how to prepare for assessment, and how candidates can achieve their best.
- Unit SHC21: Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit SHC22: Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit SHC23: Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Unit SHC24: Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care and young people’s settings
- Unit HSC024: Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Unit HSC025: Role of the health and social care worker
- Unit HSC026: Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Unit HSC027: Promote health and safety in health and social care
- Unit HSC028: Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care
- Unit ICO1: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit HSC2003: Help address the physical comfort needs of individuals
- Unit HSC2007: Support independence in the tasks of daily living
- Unit HSC2012: Support individuals who are distressed
- Unit HSC2014: Support individuals to eat and drink
- Unit HSC2015: Support individuals to meet personal care needs
- Unit HSC2028: Move and position individuals
- Unit HSC2002: Provide support for mobility
- Unit HSC2013: Support care plan activities
- Unit SS MU 2.1: Introductory awareness of sensory loss
Dale Phillips, Head of Curriculum
23 September 2013