Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care Level 5
- Publication Date
- January 2012
Fully revised new edition of the best-selling title, updated for the new QCF qualification at Level 5
- Fully updated to match the new specification, changes to legislation and the sector.
- Now covers management in adult and children’s services.
- Contains a topic-based structure that shows clear mapping to the units of the new qualification.
- Contains enough mandatory and optional units to cover a route through the full qualification for all four management pathways.
- Features a new chapter, ‘Risk and health and safety’.
- Includes new case studies and questions throughout to highlight issues around real workplace practice.
- Also covers the Welsh specifications for Level 5 Management qualifications for adults’ and children’s services.
Chapter 1: Reflective practice and writing
Chapter 2: Leadership and management
Chapter 3: Working with individuals, families and carers *Extended New Material*
Chapter 4: Workforce planning and development
Chapter 5: Common challenges in management
Chapter 6: Delivering quality services
Chapter 7: Safeguarding vulnerable adults and children *Extended New Material*
Chapter 8: Managing budgets
Chapter 9: Interprofessional working *Extended New Material*
Chapter 10: Risk and health and safety ** NEW **
Chapter 11: Continuing professional developmen