BTEC Level 2 First IT Student Book
Part of the BTEC Level 2 First IT series
- Publication Date
- October 2010
Resource to accompany the new BTEC Level 2 First IT specification
This Student Book supports the Edexcel BTEC Level 2 First IT QCF specification for first teaching from September 2010.
- Covers 16 units of the new specification, giving you the breadth to cover the full diploma, and tailor the course to your learners’ needs. 12 units are supplied in print, with a further 4 supplied online.
- Embedded Functional Skills and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills with activities throughout the book.
- Achieve your potential: Assessment activities and grading tips in each unit give your students plenty of practice to deepen their knowledge and understanding, clearly explaining what they need to do for Pass, Merit and Distinction, so they can achieve their best possible grade.
- Edexcel’s Assignment tips: Written by experts in the BTEC team, there’s invaluable unit-by-unit advice on how to get the most from your BTEC course.
- Put yourself in the professionals’ shoes: WorkSpace case studies take your learners into the real world of work, showing them how they can apply their knowledge in a real-life context.
- Advice from former students showing your learners how to make their BTEC experience a stepping stone to success.
Been an IT lecturer in FE colleges for over 15 years. He has written material for the 2010 BTEC IT suite of qualifications and was involved with Edexcel BTEC training events.
An experienced BTEC IT tutor and IV at The Manchester College
K Mary Reid
is an experienced IT tutor having taught in further education for many years. She has also been involved in developing a number of specifications for IT qualifications and has over 10 years of experience of writing IT books.
is an experienced teacher of ICT and Head of Department who specialises in multimedia, computer games design and eSafety. With several books under her belt, she is also a popular speaker and workshop leader.
Has twenty years experience of BTEC National Diploma IT both as a lecturer and course leader. He has written BTEC unit course specifications and support materials for Edexcel as well as working as an External Verifier (EV) and Standards Verifier (SV) in the NSS process. This is Richard’s ninth computing text book.
An experienced author and series editor of IT text books, draws on her extensive teaching and examining experiences and the many years spent in the IT software industry.
Unit 1 Communicating in the IT industry
Unit 2 Working in the IT industry
Unit 3 Computer systems
Unit 4 Business IT skills
Unit 7 Installing computer hardware
Unit 9 Customising software
Unit 10 Setting up an IT network
Unit 16 Database systems
Unit 17 Website development
Unit 18 Software design
Unit 23 Computer graphics
Unit 26 Developing computer games
Unit 27 Spreadsheet modelling*
Unit 28 Multimedia design*
Unit 29 Presenting information using IT*
Unit 30 Animation techniques*
*Units marked with a star will be provided online.