Foundations in Sports Coaching
- Publication Date
- January 2012
New textbook specifically for Foundation Degree and HND students
Provides all the core content for Sports Coaching, as well as real-life case studies, support in gaining work placements and a special chapter on study skills, so that students have all the essentials covered for taking a Foundation Degree or HND in Sports Coaching.
Comes with FREE access to a companion website - providing useful links for further research and answer to questions in the textbook.
- Full-colour textbook with high quality photos and line drawings, designed to be visually stimulating for the type of learner taking the course.
- Written specifically around the Foundation Degree framework to ensure that learners have both the theoretical and practical content they need.
- Also suitable for students taking a HND, and contains valuable further reading for BTEC Level 3 National and A Level students.
- Strong author team of industry specialists, who are experienced in how to deliver a Foundation Degree.
- A work based learning chapter equips learners with the necessary skills and guidance on getting into the work place.
- An extended case study with reflective questions adds a real-world focus enabling candidates to see and learn about real sporting issues in action.
- A Study Skills chapter explores key skills that Foundation Degree students need particular support with.
Additional free resources for tutors and learners who have bought the textbook that includes:
- a list of useful weblinks for further reading material
- answers to the ‘Check your understanding’ sections in the textbook.
Chapter 1: Introduction to sports coaching
Chapter 2: Sports development: coaching in context
Chapter 3: Coaching knowledge and learning to coach
Chapter 4: The coaching process
Chapter 5: Coaching pedagogy
Chapter 6: Sociology for coaches
Chapter 7: Anatomy and physiology for coaches
Chapter 8: Psychology for coaches
Chapter 9: Understanding special populations in coaching
Chapter 10: Coaching young performers
Chapter 11: Nutrition, exercise and lifestyle management
Chapter 12: Analysis of sports performance
Chapter 13: Coaches and athlete preparation: training and monitoring
Chapter 14: Ethics and good practice
Chapter 15: Study skills
Chapter 16: Work-based learning
Chapter 17: Industrial placement
Chapter 18: Case study