Spark a lifelong love of reading
- and boost children's progress in reading and spelling!
Bug Club is a powerful whole school reading programme that is proven to raise attainment in reading and spelling – and loved by over a million children in the UK. It brilliantly combines stunning books and an incredible online reading world, filled to the brim with kid-favourite characters, to hook children into a lifelong love of books and develop confident young readers.
- Raise reading and spelling attainment across your school in boys and girls alike, with Bug Club’s beautiful books, online reading world, planning support, assessment tools and professional development.
- Nurture confident bookworms with over 500 finely-levelled books and eBooks featuring popular characters children know and love like Shrek, Doctor Who, Lego, and Timmy Time.
- Spark enthusiasm with online quizzes, games and rewards to make reading even more fun.
- Build a well-rounded picture of progress and attainment, and performance against Age Related Expectations with Bug Club’s new integrated ‘Progress and Assess’ tools and tests.
Live outside the UK?
- International schools can buy the international edition of Bug Club from Pearson Global Schools here.
*Interim results from an independent study carried out by leading academics from UCL Institute of Education (IOE), in partnership with the Pearson UK Research Team. Read more about the study.
Buy NowTry before I buy
Bug Club includes:
Bug Club is a truly whole school programme:
See how much it costs
- 325 fiction and non-fiction readers for Reception, KS1 and KS2
- 48 Plays to Read for KS1 and KS2
- 6 Plays to Act for KS1
- 44 Comics for Phonics
- Online Reading World featuring all the books accessible anytime, anywhere!
- Integrated assessment tool
Bug Club Professional Development and refresher courses
View all products in this series
"They are so used to TV, DVDs and everything else, that getting them interested in reading is really hard. But Bug Club had children laughing, engaged and begging for more!"
Wendy Jenkins, Literacy Coordinator, Bangor Central Integrated Primary School, Northern Ireland
Read more reviews
Bookmark with: What are these?