Welcome to Phonics Bug
Like the rest of Bug Club, Phonics Bug is pretty special. It’s edited by Professor Rhona Johnston and Dr Joyce Watson and based on a seven year study in Clackmannanshire that’s proven systematic phonics to be the most effective way to teach children to read. It’s everything you need to teach synthetic phonics at Foundation and Key Stage 1.
What makes Phonics Bug so special?
- Phonics Bug meets 100% of the DfE criteria for teaching systematic synthetic phonics and helps children succeed in their screening check to boot!
- Encourages young readers with beautiful artwork, humour, loveable characters and books and topics they really want to read.
- Fast, effective phonics lessons using CBeebies videos and interactive whiteboard activities.
- Prepare and Assess online games, word generator and mock tests for the Year 1 screening check.
- Brilliantly combines an online reading world with stunning eBooks and beautiful printed books to spark enthusiasm.
Live outside the UK?
- International schools can buy the international edition of Phonics Bug from Pearson Global Schools here.
Buy NowTry before I buy
- Teaching software (online)
- 134 decodable books and eBooks including:
- 60 fiction titles
- 44 non-fiction titles
- 30 Alphablocks titles
- Teaching and Assessment Guide Reception (P1)
- Teaching and Assessment Guide KS1 (P2-3)
- Photocopy Masters
- Flashcards (Phases 2-4)
- Flashcards (Phases 5-6)
View all products in this series
"The children are very excited about Phonics Bug. You just know they're going to be engaged and motivated every step of the way"
Sue Feneiron, Brookfield Infants, Kent
Read more reviews