A consistent approach to raising English standards
Wordsmith is a fully-integrated programme for reading comprehension, speaking and listening, grammar and writing designed to improve results in English. Wordsmith provides you with a consistent approach to your English teaching with detailed planning that helps ensure progress for every child.
What makes Wordsmith so special?
- A consistent whole-school approach to English teaching
- Be ready for the tough new SATs with plenty of preparation opportunities
- Includes units on fiction, non-fiction, poetry and ‘live units’
- Specially designed for the 2014 curriculum
- Detailed, editable lesson plans and resources – just log on and teach
- Online toolkit + eBooks + Books + Professional Development
Live outside the UK?
International schools can buy the international edition of Wordsmith from Pearson Global Schools here.
Buy NowTry before I buy
See how much it costs
- Onlive toolkit consisting of online planning tool, plan ideas and activities, teaching tools and more
- Whole novels for suspense and engagement
- Interactive non-fiction for breadth
- Poetry to explore the beauty of language
- Live units to give real purpose to composition
- Bite-size active grammar blasts make the ‘dry’ bits fun
- In-depth support for teaching grammar explicitly and implicitly
- Digitally searchable
bank of resources
- Professional Development courses
- For a detailed breakdown of the units in Wordsmith download the components chart
View all products in this series
Verdict: no stone left unturned
The sheer size and scale of Pearson’s new Wordsmith resource is like looking at Tokyo from above as you come in to land. You peer through the window and get a tingling sensation...
Read the full Teach Primary Review....
Read more reviews