Develop your approach and create the right environment for purposeful assessment practices throughout your school.
Developed in collaboration with the Cambridge Primary Review Trust, this one-day course will provide you with the opportunity to review and develop your school’s approach to assessment. Our consultants will guide you to consider the opportunities and challenges provided by the government’s decision to remove levels as a measure and description of achievement. This course is designed to enable your school to take control of assessment practices in your school and ensure they meet your school’s aims, purpose, curriculum and children.
Why choose this day?
Do you want to develop an approach to assessment that is based on evidence and principles of best practice? Do you want some ideas from other schools that assess without levels? Do you want to plan an approach to assessment that meets the needs of your school and your children? If so, this course is for you.
Who from our school should attend?
There are two options for who from your school might attend this day:
1. Whole teaching staff (max. 25 delegates): This is the preferred option and ensures a whole school inclusive approach, where every voice matters and avoids the need to cascade messages to staff. This option will allow you, as a whole school, to consider your assessment practices and how to create the ideal conditions for good assessment. Activities are planned to ensure you as a whole school understand the evidence for creating a coherent approach to assessment. Plenty of time is allowed for you to work together and identify your school’s and individual actions and next steps towards an assessment framework that works for your school and your children.
2. Senior Leadership Team with curriculum and Assessment Leaders only: we provide this option as we recognise it is difficult to release all staff for a full day course or find an available INSET day. The course content will be the same and will allow much more focused attention from your consultant, and therefore more guidance and support.
Where and when will the course take place?
The course will take place in your school, on a day that suits you.
What are the course objectives?
- Explore how the evidence from the Cambridge Primary Review can inform your approach to assessment.
- Be inspired to create the right environment for good assessment for learning, and of learning – beyond levels.
- Examine some strategies for creating the right environment for good assessment.
- Understand more about the changes to the assessment and accountability requirements and the opportunities this offers.
- Plan your own approach to assessment beyond levels.
What does the agenda look like?
Here is an indicative agenda:
How to book
Add the course to your basket and then checkout when you’re ready. After your purchase confirmation, you will be sent an email by our Primary Training Team. This will ask you to provide three possible course dates that suit your school. (Please give us at least 3 weeks notice. Thank you.)
For purchasing queries, please call Customer Services on 0845 630 2222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already purchased your course and have a query about your booking, please call 0844 372 2125 or email email@example.com