Real progress, proven results
Developed in consultation with Dee Reid, Rapid Plus includes a series of finely levelled books and software for SEN and struggling readers at Key Stage 3.
- A specially designed series for students reading between NC levels 1a and 4c (reading ages 6.6 to 9.6), helping them make two levels of progress.
- Built upon the extraordinary success of Rapid, the primary intervention programme proven to deliver more than twice the normal rate of progress*.
- Age-appropriate content, rigorously levelled and trialled with Key Stage 3 students, which will help you deliver real results.
- Innovative software supports students when reading independently, moving then towards mainstream learning.
- Includes easy-to-use teaching support, which is ideal for both specialists and non-specialists and has a strong focus on comprehension.
The Rapid Plus series has been approved and recommended by Catch Up - a not-for-profit charity which aims to address the problem of underachievement that has its roots in literacy and numeracy difficulties.
*NFER independent research trial shows 5.7 months progress in 2.3 months.
“There are assessment books for each level, a teacher’s guide and online software for independent work at home or at school. The programme has been thoroughly prepared. The books are carefully graded to move up steadily from a reading age of 6.6 to 8.6. Three new sets appear in 2012 taking the reading level to 9.6…the teaching guide will prove very useful. It gives clear guidance for both one to one, and small group lessons… This is an excellent series that will be helpful and entertaining for students, easy for teachers and TAs to use, and comes at a price that most schools should be able to afford…”
Graeme Whyte, Special Children magazine review, 2011
Read the whole review here