Edexcel International GCSE ICT Student Book
Part of the International GCSE ICT series
- Publication Date
- September 2010
Edexcel’s resource for the 2009 Edexcel International GCSE ICT specification
Edexcel International GCSE ICT provides coverage of the 2009 Edexcel International GCSE specification, so you can support every student improve their learning.
- Numerous full-colour screenshots using up-to-date software allow students to see software in use.
- Helpful ‘Did you know?’ margin boxes highlight key information.
- Clear instructions on how to use the software covered and illustrations of relevant buttons aids practical learning.
- Exercises throughout each chapter and end-of-chapter revision checklists help students prepare thoroughly for their examinations.
- Includes numerous full-colour photographs and artwork illustrating key points.
- Full answers to the Student Book questions will become available to teachers and parents once the book has been published by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (for UK teachers and parents) or email@example.com (for all other teachers and parents).
Don’t miss out on Edexcel’s own resource for the new specification – place your order today!
This Student Book is written for students following the Edexcel International GCSE in ICT. It contains numerous full-colour screenshots using up-to-date software, helpful ‘Did you know?’ margin boxes, clear instructions on how to use the software covered, illustrations of relevant buttons, exercises throughout each chapter and end of chapter revision checklists. There are numerous full-colour photographs and artwork illustrating key points. The exercises throughout the book allow students to learn and get lots of practice before sitting their Edexcel International GCSE ICT exams.
The book contains 12 chapters followed by an additional chapter on assessment:
Chapter 1: Hardware
Chapter 2: Backing storage and memory
Chapter 3: Software
Chapter 4: Word processing and DTP
Chapter 5: Spreadsheets and modelling
Chapter 6: Databases
Chapter 7: Graphics, audio and video editing software
Chapter 8: Presentation software
Chapter 9: Communications, networks, the Internet and email
Chapter 10: Web authoring
Chapter 11: Data input and output
Chapter 12: Applications and effects
Chapter 13: Assessment
The assessment chapter contains advice on preparing for the assessments, as well as sample examination papers with answers for the Edexcel International GCSE in ICT.
Dr Roger Crawford is a Senior Lecturer in Education at the School of Education and Professional Development, University of Huddersfield, where he coordinates teacher training in ICT. Roger taught ICT and Mathematics in schools in the UK, New Zealand and Australia for 17 years and has been a Chief Examiner for GCSE ICT for more than 20 years. He was an OFSTED inspector for secondary schools for more than 10 years and also works as a consultant. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Educational Assessors and a member of the British Computer Society. Roger is the author of several successful ICT titles for International GCSE level.
Onotu Kabiru, Head of ICT
13 July 2015
28 November 2011
7 May 2011
Jessie Madhini, Teacher/Consultant
Daybridge International School
4 March 2011