Epic stories of villains, crime, horror and adventure, these are the books boys and girls will not be able to put down...
Created with series editor Frank Cottrell Boyce, HEROES is a new series of short, accessible original fiction novels and plays that teenage boys and girls will love. The perfect whole-class readers for Key Stage 3! The series expertly weaves captivating fiction with state-of-the-art digital teaching resources to inspire even the most reluctant reader.
Focus on engagement
Exciting novels and plays packed full of action and adventure. Perfect for engaging and captivating less confident readers and encouraging reading for pleasure.
ActiveTeach technology bursting with fun activities, games, quizzes and videos!
Build confidence Trialled and tested in schools
around the country to ensure the language level is just right.
Short, accessible stories that can be read in class helping you to deliver the whole text in six weeks.
Improve reading skills
Lesson ideas based on competition and other strategies known to get reluctant readers involved and focused.
Assessment tasks provided to help you demonstrate that your students' reading has improved.
"The National Literacy Trust is very pleased to see the creation of books, such as the HEROES series, which aim to engage with children who are less confident readers. By introducing the HEROES series Pearson is actively taking steps to improve literacy skills for children who struggle with their reading levels." Jonathan Douglas, Director - National Literacy Trust.
What is ActiveTeach?
ActiveTeach is a powerful electronic learning resource that combines innovative teaching materials with the flexibility to introduce your own resources. Each novel and play in the series is supported by an ActiveTeach CD-ROM, which includes:
• a copy of the book on-screen, perfect for whole-class reading.
• a bank of activities, all based on strategies known to be most effective in motivating reluctant readers, including:
- team-scoring comprehension quizzes to test understanding and motivate students to focus
- short videos to set activities in context
- illustrations of key scenes to help students visualise the action
- drama and other kinesthetic activities to keep students involved
- gruesome scenarios for writing activities that both boys and girls will love
- assessment tasks to measure progress.
Try ActiveTeach for yourself!
Try it today.