AQA GCSE Mathematics for Higher sets Student Book
Part of the AQA GCSE Mathematics 2010 series
- Publication Date
- February 2010
All set to make the grade
Vibrant and eye-catching, this Student Book for Higher sets will make progression and engagement as easy as possible.
- Graded objectives start each section.
- Skills check boxes remind students of the maths needed.
- Worked examples break the maths down into easy chunks.
- Lots of graded questions ensure students push themselves.
- You'll find new Assessment Objectives integrated into exercises.
- Suitable for use with both modular and linear specifications.
Unit 1 Statistics and Number
1 Data collection
2 Fractions, decimals and percentages
3 Interpreting and representing data
4 Range and averages
6 Cumulative frequency
7 Ratio and proportion
8 Complex calculations and accuracy
Unit 2 Number and Algebra
9 Estimation and currency conversion
10 Factors, powers and roots
12 Basic rules of algebra
14 Equations and inequalities
16 I ndices and standard form
17 Sequences and proof
19 Linear graphs
20 Quadratic equations
21 Further algebra
Unit 3 Geometry and Algebra
22 N umber skills
24 Triangles, polygons and constructions
25 More equations and formulae
26 Compound shapes and 3-D objects
27 Circles, cylinders, cones and spheres
28 Measures and dimensions
29 Constructions and loci
30 Reflection, translation and rotation
32 Congruency and similarity
33 Pythagoras’ theorem and trigonometry
34 Circle theorems
35 N on-linear graphs
36 Further trigonometry
37 Transformations of graphs