Exploring Science : How Science Works Year 9 Student Book with ActiveBook with CDROM
Part of the Exploring Science: How Science Works series
- £19.99 + £0.40 UK VAT
- Publication Date
- February 2009
The number one KS3 science course
Fully accessible for all your pupils, these best-selling Pupil Books are differentiated to four levels of ability to cater for a range of teaching and learning styles. Visually stimulating and packed with fascinating facts, they are built around real-world themes and integrate How Science Works throughout to provide the best tools to motivate your pupils.
We listened to what teachers loved about Exploring Science textbooks, and made them even more accessible and engaging for all your pupils:
- the most age-appropriate literacy level
- ‘Focus on’ pages to extend high-attainers
- a wealth of artwork and photographs
- a fresh, modern design to reflect the real-world science within
- FREE ActiveBook CD-ROM contains a digital copy of the book and a bank of extra resources to give pupils additional support during independent study.
Plus! How Science Works is integrated throughout:
- Each unit is built around a real-world theme that will capture your pupils’ interest: such as 13-year-old Abbey and her heart transplant in unit 7A.
- How Science Works pages at the beginning and end of each unit establish an issue for debate and discussion, but HSW is also sewn into every page, in questions and features that encourage scientific literacy and skills development
- Units provide examples of science in the workplace, and in other cultures
- The course still provides the same, thorough coverage of content that teachers have come to value from Exploring Science.