BTEC Nationals Information Technology Student Book + Activebook
Part of the Course Materials series
- £26.12 + £1.89 UK VAT
- Currently out of stock
- Publication Date
- July 2016
Tailored support for the new BTEC Nationals in Information Technology
- Written by an expert author team of BTEC teachers, verifiers and information technology professionals so you can be sure the content is reliable, relevant and of the highest quality.
- The Student Book includes all the mandatory units and all optional units for the Certificate, Extended Certificate and Foundation Diploma qualification sizes.
- The Student Book is accompanied by an ActiveBook (a digital version of the Student Book) – an easy way for learners to personalise their learning as they progress through the course, and perfect for revision and reinforcement of key skills.
- The ActiveBooks (eBooks) will be available to buy separately and a range of institutional site licences will also be available providing you with a flexible resourcing option.
- Kindle editions of the Student Books will be available, providing an additional choice of formats to help meet each learner’s needs.
Each Student Book and ActiveBook have has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
- Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirements.
- Getting ready for Assessment sections focus on preparation for external assessment with guidance for learners on what to expect. Hints and tips will help them prepare for assessment and sample answers are provided for a range of question types including, short and long answer questions, all with a supporting commentary. Learners can also prepare for internal assessment using this feature. A case study of a learner completing the internal assessment for that unit covering 'How I got started', 'How I brought it all together' and 'What I got from the experience'.
- Pause Point feature provide opportunities for learners to self-evaluate their learning at regular intervals. Each Pause Point point feature gives learners a Hint or Extend option to either revisit and reinforce the topic or to encourage independent research or study skills.
- Case Study and Theory into Practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real life situations learners could encounter.
- Assessment Activity/Practice provide scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare learners for assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section supports learners’ formative assessment by making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how they could improve.
- Dedicated Think Future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put into practice in a real work environment and further study.
Unit 1: Information Technology Systems
Unit 2: Creating Systems to Manage Information
Unit 3: Using Social Media in Business
Unit 4: Programming
Unit 5: Data Modelling
Unit 6: Website Development
Unit 7: Mobile Apps Development
Unit 8: Computer Games Development