Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics Mechanics 5 M5
Part of the Course Materials series
- Out of stock: reprinting soon
- Publication Date
- December 2009
Edexcel’s course for the GCE specification
Matching the specification, Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics M5 features:
- Student-friendly worked examples and solutions, leading up to a wealth of practice questions.
- Sample exam papers for thorough exam preparation.
- Regular review sections consolidate learning.
- Opportunities for stretch and challenge presented throughout the course.
PLUS Free LiveText CD-ROM, containing Solutionbank
and Exam Café
to support, motivate and inspire students to reach their potential for exam success.
- Solutionbank contains fully worked solutions with hints and tips for every question in the Student Books.
- Exam Café includes a revision planner and checklist as well as a fully worked examination-style paper with examiner commentary.
Written by examiners, these revised editions of Heinemann Modular Mathematics for Edexcel AS and A Level
retain the best proven features of the current series and include new motivational features that make maths easier to learn.
1 Applications of vectors in mechanics
1.1 Simple first order vector differential equations
1.2 Simple second order vector differential equations
1.3 The work done by a constant force
1.4 The vector moment of a force about a point
1.5 Analysing systems of forces
2 Variable mass
2.1 The impulse–momentum principle
Review Exercise 1
3 Moments of inertia of a rigid body
3.1 The moment of inertia of a standard rigid body about an axis
3.2 Further standard results and the radius of gyration
3.3 Parallel and perpendicular axes theorems
4 Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed smooth axis
4.1 Kinetic and potential energies of a rotating body
4.2 The force that a rotating body exerts on the axis of rotation
4.3 Using angular momentum to solve problems involving a rotating body which receives an impulse
4.4 The period of a pendulum
Review Exercise 2
Examination style paper