BTEC Nationals Construction Student Book + Activebook
Part of the BTEC Nationals Construction 2016 series
- £35.49 + £2.62 UK VAT
- Currently out of stock
- Publication Date
- August 2017
Tailored support for the new BTEC Nationals in Construction
- Written by an expert author team of BTEC teachers, verifiers and Construction professionals so you can be sure the content is reliable, relevant and of the highest quality.
- The Student Book includes all mandatory units and a range of popular optional unit for the Construction and the Built Environment pathways of the Certificate, Extended Certificate and Diploma qualification sizes. Plus supports all mandatory units for the Extended Diploma.
- The Student Book also covers a number of mandatory units for the Building Services and Site Engineering pathways of the qualification.
- The Student Book is accompanied by an ActiveBook (a digital version of the Student Book) - an easy way for learners to personalise their learning as they progress through the course, and perfect for revision and reinforcement of key skills.
- The ActiveBook (eBook) is available to buy separately and a range of institutional site licences are also available providing teachers with a flexible resourcing option.
- A Kindle edition of the Student Book is also available, providing an additional choice of formats to help meet each learner’s needs.
The Student Book and ActiveBook has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
- Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirements
- Getting ready for Assessment sections focus on preparation for external assessment with guidance for learners on what to expect. Hints and tips will help them prepare for assessment and sample answers are provided for a range of question types including, short and long answer questions, all with a supporting commentary. Learners can also prepare for internal assessment using this feature. A case study of a learner completing the internal assessment for that unit covering 'How I got started', 'How I brought it all together' and 'What I got from the experience'.
- Pause Point features provide opportunities for learners to self-evaluate their learning at regular intervals. Each Pause Point point feature gives learners a Hint or Extend option to either revisit and reinforce the topic or encourage independent research or further study skills.
- Case Study and Theory in Practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real life situations learners could encounter.
- Assessment Activity/Practice features provide scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare learners for formative assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section encourages supports learners’ formative assessment by to making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how they could improve.
- Dedicated Think Future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put into practice in a real work environment and further study.
Unit 1: Construction Principles
Unit 2: Construction Design
Unit 3: Tendering and Estimating
Unit 4: Construction Technology
Unit 5: Health and Safety in Construction
Unit 6: Surveying in Construction
Unit 7: Graphical Detailing in Construction
Unit 8: Building Regulations and Control in Construction
Unit 9: Management of a Construction Project
Unit 10: Building Surveying in Construction
Unit 13: Measurement Techniques in Construction