BTEC Level 3 National Creative Media Production Student Book
Part of the Level3BTECNationalCreativeandMediaProduction series
- Publication Date
- August 2010
For the 2010 specification in Creative Media Production
This Student Book supports the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National Creative Media Production QCF specification for first teaching from September 2010.
The Student Book
covers all the mandatory units and supports learners by providing detailed sector information on all the pathways, covering current practice, careers and skills.
- Unrivalled support: the student book offers complete support for the mandatory units, including those for the pathways, and valuable sector information and skills for all learners working towards a Certificate, Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma or Extended Diploma.
- Achieve your learners’ potential: comprehensive assessment activities, with grading tips for pass, merit and distinction to encourage best practice, independent learning and the development of specialist media skills.
- Edexcel’s Assignment tips: written and reviewed by experts in the BTEC team, these give invaluable advice on working towards higher grades for all assignments.
- Bring the media industry to the classroom: WorkSpace case studies take your learners into the real world of work, showing them how they can apply their knowledge in a real-life context.
- Develop the professionals of the future: the focus on the pathways helps learners to develop the important skills and understanding of the media industry – whether they become journalists, games developers, media technicians or digital specialists for example.
Paul Baylis, David Brockbank, Andy Freedman, Ken Hall, Philip Holmes, Dan Morgan, Natalie Procter and Pete Wardle
All have brought a wealth of experience to their writing. In this book, they combine their teaching experience and in-depth knowledge of their specialist Media fields to bring you a range of engaging and motivating BTEC resources for the 2010 Specification.
Unit 1: Pre-production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
Unit 2: Communication Skills for Creative Media Production
Unit 3: Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
Unit 4: Production Management Project
Unit 5: Working to a brief in the Creative Media Industries
Unit 6: Critical Approaches to Creative Media Products
Unit 7: Understanding the Creative Media Sector
Television and Film