BTEC Level 3 National Sport and Exercise Sciences Student Book
Part of the BTEC Level 3 National Sport and Exercise Sciences series
- Publication Date
- August 2010
Resources to accompany the 2010 specification
This Student Book supports the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National Sport and Exercise Sciences QCF specification for first teaching from September 2010.
- Covering 22 units of the new specification, so you can tailor the course to your needs.
- Advice from former students provides guidance that your learners can relate to, motivating them to succeed.
- Put yourself in the professionals’ shoes: with case studies including new extended WorkSpace pages
- Edexcel’s Assignment tips: written by experts in the BTEC team, there’s invaluable unit-by-unit advice on how to get the most from your BTEC course.
- Achieve your potential: with assessment activities and clearly explained Pass, Merit and Distinction grades, throughout the textbook.
- Functional Skills and Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are embedded in activities throughout the book.
- Take your students to the next level: help your students progress to higher education with a dedicated chapter that prepares them for university life and learning.
Mark Adams, Ray Barker, Wendy Davis, Adam Gledhill, Julie Hancock, Chris Lydon, Pam Phillippo, Louise Sutton, Richard Taylor and Nick Wilmot
All have combined experience of teaching, verifying, specification writing and authoring best-selling books. They have developed educational resources, publications and tutor training programmes and have worked hard to bring you a range of engaging and motivating resources for the BTEC 2010 specifications.
Unit 1 Anatomy for sport and exercise
Unit 2 Sport and exercise physiology
Unit 3 Sport and exercise psychology
Unit 4 Research methods for sport and exercise sciences
Unit 5 Research project in sport and exercise sciences
Unit 6 Sports biomechanics in action
Unit 7 Exercise, health and lifestyle
Unit 8 Fitness testing for sport and exercise
Unit 9 Fitness training and programming
Unit 10 Sport and exercise massage
Unit 11 Analysis of sports performance
Unit 12 Sports nutrition
Unit 13 Current issues in sport
Unit 14 Instructing physical activity and exercise
Unit 15 Sports injuries
Unit 16 Sports coaching
Unit 17 and Unit 18 Practical team and individual sports
Unit 20 Applied sport and exercise psychology
Unit 21 Applied sport and exercise physiology
Unit 23 Work experience in sport
Unit 26 Laboratory and experimental methods in sport and exercise sciences
Preparing for higher education