BTEC Level 3 National Sport Book 2
Part of the BTEC Level 3 National Sport series
- Publication Date
- June 2010
BTEC and Heinemann have joined forces to bring you BTEC’s own resources for BTEC Level 3 National in Sport.
This Student Book supports the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National Sport QCF specification for first teaching from September 2010.
Book 2 supports a wide range of popular optional units from the Performance and Excellence, Coaching, Development and Fitness and the Outdoor and Adventure pathways. Providing your students with learner-friendly, engaging and work-focused textbooks, featuring expert guidance on assessments and how candidates can achieve their best possible grade.
- Achieve your potential: Assessment activities in each unit give your students plenty of practice to deepen their knowledge and understanding, and grading tips for every activity help them to achieve the best possible grade.
- Put yourself in the professionals’ shoes: WorkSpace case studies take your learners into the real world of work, showing them how they can apply their knowledge in a real-life context.
- Advice from former students on how your learners can make their BTEC experience a stepping stone to success.
- Edexcel’s Assignment tips: Written by experts in the BTEC team, there’s invaluable unit-by-unit advice on how to get the most from your BTEC course.
- Extensive unit coverage: covering a wide range of popular optional units from the Performance and Excellence, Coaching, Development and Fitness and the Outdoor and Adventure pathways.
Mark Adams, Ray Barker, Wendy Davies, Adam Gledhill, Chris Lydon, Chris Mulligan, Alex Sergison, Louise Sutton and Nick Wilmot
All have combined experience of teaching, verifying, specification writing and authoring best-selling books. They have developed educational resources, publications and tutor training programmes and have worked hard to bring you a range of engaging and motivating resources for the BTEC 2010 specifications.
Unit 10 Outdoor and adventurous activity
Unit 12 Current issues in sport
Unit 13 Leadership in sport
Unit 14 Exercise, health and lifestyle
Unit 15 Instructing physical activity and exercise
Unit 16 Exercise for specific groups
Unit 18 Sports injury
Unit 19 Analysis of sports performance
Unit 20 Talent identification and development in sport
Unit 21 Sports and exercise massage
Unit 22 Rules, regulations and officiating in sport
Unit 23 Organising sports events
Unit 24 Physical education and the care of children and young people
Unit 25 Sport as a business
Unit 26 Work experience in sport
For coverage of the core units see Book 1.
BTEC Level 3 National Sport Book 1: Unit 17 sample pages
* Sample page is from BTEC Level 3 National Book 1. Sample pages are subject to final approval and may contain minor errors.