Foundations in Sports Science
- Publication Date
- February 2012
New textbook specifically for Foundation Degree and HND students
New textbook specifically for Foundation Degree and HND students, providing core content for Sports Science, as well as real-life case studies, help in gaining work placements and a special chapter on study skills, so that students have all the essentials covered .
Comes with FREE access to a companion website - providing useful links for further research and answer to questions in the textbook.
- Full-colour resources with high quality photos and line drawings, designed to be visually stimulating for the type of learner taking the course.
- Written specifically around the Foundation Degree framework to ensure that learners have both the theoretical and practical content they need.
- Also suitable for students taking a HND, and contains valuable further reading for BTEC Level 3 National and A Level students.
- Strong author team of industry specialists, who are experienced in how to deliver a Foundation Degree.
- A work based learning chapter equips learners with the necessary skills and guidance on getting into the work place.
- An extended case study with reflective questions adds a real-world focus enabling candidates to see and learn about real sporting issues in action.
- A Study Skills chapter explores key skills that Foundation Degree students need particular support with.
Additional free resources for tutors and learners who have bought the textbook that includes:
- a list of useful weblinks for further reading material
- answers to the ‘Check your understanding’ sections in the textbook.
Chapter 1: Functional anatomy
Chapter 2: Exercise physiology
Chapter 3: Fitness training and testing
Chapter 4: Nutrition
Chapter 5: Sports psychology
Chapter 6: Coaching science
Chapter 7: Biomechanics
Chapter 8: Sports analysis
Chapter 9: Study skills
Chapter 10: Work-based learning
Chapter 11: Industrial placement
Chapter 12: Case study