BTEC First in Sport Student Book
Part of the BTEC First Sport from 2012 series
- Publication Date
- July 2013
New resources for the new BTEC First in Sport
Our Full edition Student Book covers Units 1–17 to support learners studying the Award, Certificate, Extended Certificate or Diploma.
- Each unit is presented in topics to ensure the content is accessible and engaging for learners.
- Covers all of the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed at Level 2 to ensure that learners are prepared for the course.
- Activities in each unit provide support and clear direction for learners and can be used in the classroom or for independent work.
- New Assessment Zone guides learners through both internal and external assessment.
- Assessment activities and grading tips help learners to achieve their potential in internally assessed units.
Just teaching the Award?
Learn more about our BTEC First in Sport Award Student Book.
Unit 1: Fitness for Sport and Exercise
Unit 2: Practical Sports Performance
Unit 3: The Mind and Sports Performance
Unit 4: The Sports Performer in Action
Unit 5: Training for Personal Fitness
Unit 6: Leading Sports Activities
Unit 7: Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Performance
Unit 8: Promotion and Sponsorship in Sport
Unit 9: Lifestyle and Well being
Unit 10: Injury and the Sports Performer
Unit 11: Running a Sports Event
Unit 12: The Sport and Active Leisure Industry
Unit 13: Profiling Sports Performance
Unit 14: Carrying out a Sports-related Project*
Unit 15: Designing Exercise Programmes*
Unit 16: The Provision of Sport and Active Leisure*
Unit 17: Facility Operations for Sport and Leisure*
* Units only available online and not printed in the Student Book.
S.Hicks, Pe teacher/KS4 coordinator
St Paul's Catholic College
7 April 2014
Chris Martin, Head of Sport
22 November 2013