Bug Club Guided - Inspire your children and develop their reading comprehension
A dialogic approach to help your children achieve comprehension mastery.
Deepen your children’s understanding and comprehension with guided reading books that children would recommend themselves.*
What is it?
A robust guided reading programme that helps children master fluency and deepen comprehension, giving you everything you need to help them.
Exciting printed texts and materials help save you time, and improve your children’s deeper understanding of texts.
What's in it?
Bug Club Guided Reading combines beautiful print books and eBooks that your children will want to read, plus:
- guided reading cards (KS1)
- photocopiable masters (KS1)
- pupil workbooks (KS2)
- teaching cards (KS2)
- an online teacher toolkit
- and Professional Development courses shown to increase effectiveness of materials*
Explore Bug Club Guided
How it works
Guided Reading is broken into KS1/P1-3 and KS2/P4-7 packages, with each approached differently to better suit the stage of your children’s development.
Explore how Bug Club Guided works
"I liked the look of it straight away. I was impressed by how well it was structured, the range of texts, and the bright, colourful workbooks."
Headteacher, Tupton Primary and Nursery School
Now you know more about Bug Club, you can get immediate access to nine free book samples, and three teaching guidance samples.
They include snapshots of KS1/P1-3 and KS2/P4-7 titles from Independent and Guided packages, across a range of genres.
Try some free samples
Already convinced? Book a free demo for your school, so one of our consultants can show you how Bug Club will work for your school and your reading requirements.
Book a free demo
More from the Bug Club Family
* Results after 18 months from an independent study carried out by leading academics from UCL Institute of Education (IOE), in partnership with the Pearson UK Research Team. Research was conducted with KS1 children, with findings on progression based on pupils being ahead of the control group. Read about the study.