Bug Club Independent - Ignite your children's love of reading and nurture reading growth
Build up positive attitudes to reading, and engage children in the classroom and at home with Bug Club.*
Over 1 million children read using Bug Club across the UK.
What is it?
An engaging and imaginative independent reading solution for your whole school. Shown by an independent study* to:
- encourage reluctant readers to read at home using the online reading world
- increase reading enjoyment
- develop skills, helping children make 30 months of reading progress in 18 months
What's in it?
Bug Club Independent Reading combines over 400 beautiful eBooks and print books with characters your children love, from Sarah and Duck to The Doctor and companions.
It also includes:
- trackable, embdedded activities in every eBook
- inside cover notes in each book to help you and your children's parents know how to deepen understanding
- Professional Development courses which ensure you get the most from your Bug Club package
Explore Bug Club Independent
How it works
Bug Club offers your children books and eBooks that they would choose themselves.
A recent study* has shown reading from home is greatly encouraged by the brilliant online reading world, and you're equipped with tools to help plan and monitor progress.
Explore how Bug Club Independent works
"Bug Club deserves gushing praise for its design and innovation.
"This is a programme destined to lead the market and transform the way we teach reading."
Independent review on Teach Primary
Now you know more about Bug Club, you can get immediate access to nine free book samples, and three teaching guidance samples.
They include snapshots of KS1/P1-3 and KS2/P4-7 titles from Independent and Guided packages, across a range of genres.
Try some free samples
Already convinced? Book a free demo for your school, so one of our consultants can show you how Bug Club will work for your school and your reading requirements.
Book a free demo
Speak to your local consultant
More from the Bug Club Family
* Results after 18 months from an independent study carried out by leading academics from UCL Institute of Education (IOE), in partnership with the Pearson UK Research Team. Research was conducted with KS1 children, with findings on progression based on pupils being ahead of the control group. Read about the study.