Bug Club Independent Reading
Build up positive attitudes to reading and engage children in the classroom and at home with Bug Club.*
What is it?
An engaging and imaginative independent reading solution for your whole school. Shown by an independent study* to encourage reluctant readers to read at school and at home using the online reading world, and increase reading enjoyment.
What's in it?
Bug Club Independent Reading combines beautiful eBooks and print books with characters your children love, from Sarah and Duck to The Doctor and companions. It also includes trackable, embedded activities in every eBook, and professional development courses which ensure you get the most from your Bug Club package.
Read more about what’s in Independent Reading >
How it works
Bug Club offers your children books and eBooks that they would choose themselves. A recent study* has shown reading from home is greatly encouraged by the brilliant online reading world, and you’re equipped with tools to help plan and monitor progress.
Read more about how Bug Club Independent works >
Complete a simple form and you will get instant access to try some free samples of Bug Club.
* Results after 18 months from an independent study carried out by leading academics from UCL Institute of Education (IOE), in partnership with the Pearson UK Research Team. Research findings on progress are based on pupils being ahead of the control group.
View the structure chart > (4.7MB, PDF)
Key Stage 1 / P1-3
- 160 titles in Starter package
- 305 titles in Pro package
From £649 >
Key Stage 2 / P4-7
- 64 titles in Starter package
- 142 titles in Pro package
From £349 >
- 224 titles in Starter package
- 447 titles in Pro package
From £899 >
"The children love the different illustrations and the familiar characters. It really inspires the more reluctant readers."
High Wych CE Primary School, Hertfordshire
See more reviews >