What's in Rapid Phonics?
Rapid is made up of:
Teacher toolkit - online teacher toolkit with snappy lesson plans, a printed programme handbook, flashcards and wall chart.
Readers and eBooks - 56 100% decodable fiction and non-fiction readers and eBooks for solo and one-to-one reading. Packed full of age-appropriate artwork, characters and stories, including some snappy non-fiction books.
Online pupil world - packed with interactive eBooks, a personalised homepage and rewards
- Professional Development - ensure all your staff can confidently get the best results from every child.
How does it work?
Rapid Phonics is divided into 3 core steps, each with fine levelling.
- Step 1: Alphabet phonemes and very visually simple sentences.
- Steps 1.2 – 1.5: CCVC and longer words and simple sentences.
- Steps 2.0 – 2.5: Digraphs and trigraphs and more complex sentences.
- Steps 3.0 – 3.2: Alternative spellings and more complex sentences.
An eBook for every reader
Based on-screen, Rapid Phonics eBooks, all iPad-friendly, help children relate the joy of reading to the technology they use every day. To help children build their fluency and confidence away from the classroom, each eBook brings additional interactive features that aren’t possible in print texts:
- A ‘Read to me’ function in every eBook to demonstrate fluent reading and hook children into the text or narrative
- A helpful pronunciation guide to the phonemes and graphemes in every eBook that’s perfect for parents
- Word-by-word highlighting and audio to help improve comprehension (Step 1 books only).
Snappy lesson plans and assessments
Each of the three Rapid Phonics steps has a Teaching Guide packed full of easy-to-set assessments and Snappy Lesson plans.
Once you've used the placement tests to level a child, each Snappy Lesson can be set-up quickly and easily with helpful objectives, summaries and activities - so they’re perfect for TAs and SENCOs.
Snappy lessons are quick, fun and memorable, building confidence through repeated practice.
Rapid Phonics includes a wealth of extra teaching material to help you deliver inspiring, snappy phonics sessions for your struggling readers and children with SEN:
- A Programme Handbook outlining the core principles of Rapid Phonics and the theory and method underlying the pedagogy that's proven to TREBLE progress.
- Phonics Progression A1 wallchart
- Flashcards and other photocopiable resources