Bug Club Phonics - Excite your children and give them a firm foundation in phonics
Encourage your young readers to develop their reading skills with beautiful artwork, humour, loveable characters, and books and topics they really want to read.
What is it?
It’s everything you need to teach synthetic phonics at Foundation and Key Stage 1, edited by Professor Rhona Johnston and Dr Joyce Watson.
The programme is based on a seven-year study in Clackmannanshire that’s proven systematic phonics to be the most effective way to teach children to read.
What's in it?
Bug Club Phonics contains 134 fun, varied, 100% decodable books.
- With 90 fiction and 44 non-fiction readers
- Plenty of exciting stories to choose from, including the hugely popular CBeebies Alphablock characters
- An online subscription that comes with a vibrant online reading world, whole class teaching software for the class, and more
Explore Bug Club Phonics
How it works
Bug Club Phonics meets 100% of the DfE criteria for teaching systematic synthetic phonics and helps children succeed in their screening check to boot.
It brilliantly combines an online reading world with stunning eBooks or printed books, with:
- Prepare and Assess online games
- A word generator
- And mock tests for the Year 1 screening check
Explore how Bug Club Phonics works
"We have been delighted with the success of using Bug Club Phonics."
Head of Early Years, Brookfield Infant School
If you're not quite ready to purchase Bug Club Phonics, why not book a free demo with your local consultant to see how it would work in your school?
Book a free demo
More from the Bug Club Family
Discover Independent Reading