Play-based maths for Early Level
Developed by an expert Early Level author team led by Lynda Keith, Heinemann Active Maths Early Level brings together everything that children, and practitioners, love about Heinemann Active Maths, combined with the all-important tailoring needed to make it perfect for your littlest learners.
- Be creative with a bank of superb play-based activities and resources.
- Be confident in ensuring understanding with a carefully planned progression for all learners.
- Be engaging with contexts and characters that truly inspire and capture children’s interest, including exciting worlds in which to explore maths.
- Be interactive with engaging activities for the whiteboard or computer and exciting online and interactive eBooks.
- Encourage active, hands-on learning fully in-line with Curriculum for Excellence.
Find out more about Heinemann Active Maths.
What's in Early Level?
The perfect partner to the Activity Cards. Access all the resources you need online and in one place.
A pick-and-mix of child-initiated, adult-involved, and everyday play opportunities to suit you and your children. Includes guidance on provision, key development, learning opportunities and integrated assessment. The Activity Cards are also available in print.
Online and interactive eBooks set in exciting worlds where children can explore maths with the help of friendly characters.
- Interactive Group Activities
Flexible free-play and adult-led activities for the whiteboard or computer to engage children in their maths learning.
Fun, colourful and flexible boards and activities that can be used to promote collaborative, play-based learning.
Your practitioner guide packed with tips on planning and assessment to ensure progression at the Early Level.
- Speak to someone about using Heinemann Active Maths in your classroom - your local consultant is always happy to help.
Back to Heinemann Active Maths Structure