Mathematics for Scotland
Primary Maths Resources
Our maths resources provide everything you need for high-quality maths teaching and learning. Take a look below to find the right product for your school.
Abacus is a unique maths toolkit created to help you inspire a genuine love of maths
- A flexible toolkit that puts you in control, with over 10,000 resources, activities, plans and assessment tools
- An online world filled with lively and exciting maths games and rewards that your digital-savvy kids will love
- Textbooks and workbooks for independent practice, designed to capture children’s interest and inspire a genuine love of maths
> Read a case study about Abacus
Visit the Abacus webpage for details
Heinmann Active Maths is action-packed maths for Scottish primary children
- Specifically designed to meet the outcomes and experiences of Curriculum for Excellence
- Active learning - led by the learner's needs and not textbook driven - motivates children
- Bright and engaging activities provide flexible uses from classroom textbooks to online resources for parental-supported homework or breakfast clubs, games, group activities and individual practice
Heinemann Active Maths puts you in control with a range of flexible teaching and learning resources that completely address the CfE philosophy.
> See how Heinemann Active Maths links to the Interventions for Equity framework
> Watch this four minute video of children and teachers at Machanhill Primary School to hear how Heinemann Active Maths has made a difference in their school.
Visit the Heinemann Active Maths webpage for details
Rapid Maths can double your children's progress in
- Each child gets personalised support and repeated practice in the fundamentals of numeracy
- Targeted intervention tools are proven to raise results*
- Fun activities engage children and help to transform reluctant learners
*Pupils using Rapid Maths at Meadlands Primary School made an average gain of 32.2 months in their numerical age over a four-month period (using the programme in three 45-60 minute sessions per week).
"It was one of the best experiences of my teaching career. If you want to focus on the learning and the success of children...then this is the programme to do it."
Kay Harrison, SENCO, Hillfields Primary School.
> See how Rapid Maths links to the Interventions for Equity framework
Visit the Rapid Maths webpage for details
The Maths Factor is online videos, games and practice, practice, practice - with Carol Vorderman
The Maths Factor is an online maths practice and homework service that's been helping children unlock their maths confidence since 2010. It provides extra practice for school or at home, to ensure children meet Age Related Expectations.
Visit the Maths Factor webpage for details