BTEC National Health and Social Care Student Book 1
Part of the Course Materials series
- £25.26 + £1.75 UK VAT
- Publication Date
- June 2016
Tailored support for the new BTEC Nationals in Health and Social Care
- Written by an expert author team of BTEC teachers, verifiers and Health and Social Care professionals so you can be sure the content is reliable, relevant and of the highest quality
- Our 2 Student Books provide coverage across all general Health and Social Care sizes and pathways of qualifications.
- Student Book 1 includes five mandatory units and three optional units - everything you need for the Certificate, Extended Certificate and Foundation Diploma. The inclusion of Unit 4 supports centres choosing to deliver this mandatory unit to Extended Diploma learners early on in their programme.
- Student Book 2 includes three mandatory units and an additional seven optional units.
- Both Student Books are accompanied by an ActiveBook (a digital version of the Student Book), an easy way for learners to personalise their learning as they progress through the course, and perfect for revision and reinforcement of key skills.
- The ActiveBook (eBooks) are available to buy separately and a range of institutional site licences are also available, providing you with a flexible resourcing option.
- Kindle editions of the Student Books are also available, providing an additional choice of formats to help meet each learner’s needs.
Each Student Book and ActiveBook has clearly laid out pages with a range of supportive features to aid learning and teaching:
- Getting to know your unit sections ensure learners understand the grading criteria and unit requirement.
- Pause Point features support formative assessment and enable learners to gauge attainment of knowledge at regular intervals.
- Case Study and Theory into practice features enable development of problem-solving skills and place the theory into real life situations learners could encounter.
- Assessment practice features provide scaffolded assessment practice activities that help prepare learners for assessment. Within each assessment practice activity, a Plan, Do and Review section supports learners’ formative assessment by making sure they fully understand what they are being asked to do, what their goals are and how to evaluate the task and consider how the could improve.
- Literacy and numeracy activities provide opportunities for reinforcement in these key areas, placing the skills into a Health and Social Care context.
- Dedicated Think future pages provide case studies from the industry, with a focus on aspects of skills development that can be put in practice in a real work environment and further study.
Unit 1: Human Lifespan Development
Unit 2: Working in Health and Social Care
Unit 3: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
Unit 5: Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
Unit 7: Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
Unit 10: Sociological Perspectives
Unit 11: Psychological Perspectives
Unit 14: Physiological Disorders and their Care