Part of the Bug Club Comprehension programme, this handbook provides:
- an introduction to the pedagogy behind the programme
- guidance on using the resources effectively throughout the teaching cycle
- annotated transcripts of pupil and teacher talk to exemplify the comprehension strategies in action
- support for assessment, including photocopiable observation sheets and exemplars of written work
- detailed matching charts linking each session to all UK curricula
- photocopiable question sheets to display to the group during sessions.