This edition is fully aligned with the new White Rose Maths schemes of learning (version 3.0) and has been updated in response to current mastery best practice and feedback from teachers.
Based on research into effective teaching practices around the world, and authored by mastery experts, Power Maths is designed to spark curiosity, encourage a growth mindset and deepen children's understanding.
The Practice Books provide intelligent practice for children to complete independently in the final section of the lesson.
- The practice questions are for all children, progressing in small steps to build fluency and move children on in their thinking.
- Variation is used draw to children's attention to the underlying concepts, reveal misconceptions and build understanding.
- ‘Reflect' questions are designed to develop reasoning and meta-cognitive skills.
- Lovable characters model how to develop a growth mindset.
- This book can be used with the corresponding Textbook and Teacher Guide.