We can provide in-school departmental training for inset days delivered by one of our experienced language specialists. These can cover the courses below and be designed to take into account the specific needs of your school.
>Sign up here if you’d like to request in school training.
In-school training prices, half-day courses:
1 school = £650
2 schools = £1000
3 schools = £1200
4 schools = £1400
5+ schools = £1500
For more information on our in-school training, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developing students’ speaking and writing skills in MFL GCSE (9–1)
This half day course is aimed at GCSE language teachers looking to develop their students’ speaking and writing skills for the new MFL GCSE (9–1). The course is run by an experienced teacher and trainer and will be fully interactive. Throughout the course, there will be a number of activities that will help teachers to explore and acquire strategies to meet their pupils’ needs and maximise their potential as well as giving teachers new ideas to try out in class.
The half day course is broken down into the following areas but can be tailored to the school's needs:
- Translation skills
- Strategies and activities to support the GCSE writing paper
- Strategies and activities to support the GCSE Speaking unit with a focus on building student confidence and spontaneity
ActiveLearn service in-school training is the proven way to make the most of your subscription and become a more effective user of the service.
Delivered by a specialist Pearson trainer and tailored to the individual needs of your school, our practical training:
- helps you learn how to use ActiveLearn to deliver more engaging lessons
- covers the full range of functionality and key benefits of ActiveLearn, so you can ensure you’re getting optimum value for money from the service
- shows you how to use ActiveLearn to track progress, set targets and create flightpaths with our progression services
- gives you the heads-up about future developments, and the opportunity to feed back suggestions for improvements to ActiveLearn, so you can ensure the service is effective as possible.
The sessions provide lots of time to ask questions if there’s anything you don’t understand, and our experts will work with you to ensure everything is made clear. The training is practical, hands-on and delivered either as a half-day course or a twilight after-school session, allowing your whole department to participate easily.
Half day course/twilight session = £375.00 (+VAT)
Our paid-for in-school workshops are for UK schools only.
Sign up and book your workshop.
For any queries or if you do not have a Pearson Edexcel Online Account, please email us at: email@example.com and quote the title of the event you wish to enquire about.