BTEC Sport Plus
We've partnered with Max Whitlock to bring you a brand-new teaching resource
We are thrilled to be launching our innovative new digital video subscription with five-time Olympic medallist and gymnast Max Whitlock MBE.
BTEC Sport+ is designed to be:
- presented to students in a series of video clips by a professional athlete, Max Whitlock - making the content more engaging for learners,
- used in addition to their face-to-face learning in school or college,
- covering the various units and learning aims of the BTEC Nationals in Sport in bitesize chunks,
- accessible to students both in and outside of the classroom for independent study, on-the-go,
- used by students alongside their lesson notes and textbooks.
Each video defines key terms while explaining the teaching material in a straightforward way, whether it’s describing how the body works during certain types of sport, or how psychology can benefit or hinder sports performance. These videos contextualise the sport content, bringing it to life for your learners.
What's included in BTEC Sport+?
Your subscription package includes:
- Videos for various units in the BTEC Nationals in Sport (2016), currently covering Units 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Units 2, 10, 17, 19, and 22 will be available in Spring 2020.
- In addition, through our partner Wizenoze, we have provided 'curated content' for learners which is accessible via the Pearson LearningHub app. This is content that has been curated from the web that is only relevant to the BTEC in Sport.
- Careers videos with Max Whitlock explaining how the people with different careers in sports have helped him get to where he is
Prices start from £600 for up to 20 learners.
Download the teacher guide (PDF, 799KB)
How will these resources support my teaching?
These videos are designed to enhance and support your students’ learning. You can use them in whichever way that best suits your students, but here are some suggestions from us:
- Introduce new units and topics in the classroom,
- A recap tool: covering off the key pieces of information from each unit at their own pace,
- As a homework task.
Find out more
Or stay up to date
Other teachers say...
"BTEC Sport+ provides my learners with an opportunity to increase their learning outside the classroom environment. I believe this will have a positive impact on learner retention and their grades. My learners tell me that they find the video content relatable and gave them the opportunity to explore unit content at their own pace. In my opinion, the delivery of unit content supported by iconic athletes such Max Whitlock reinforces the importance of athletic and educational development."
Alex Gaiger, Head of Sport, South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
"My students found the Max Whitlock videos really useful for completing their assignments. The information from the staff behind the athlete (coach, agent) enabled my students to get a good understanding of potential future job roles and what they entailed."
Vicky Dewson, Head of P.E, Fakenham Academy
A note from Max Whitlock MBE
"I’m really pleased to be working with Pearson on these BTEC Sport+ resources. I studied my BTEC in Sport Science and through that, I developed invaluable skills like time management and resilience - I’ve seen how it can work for someone first hand and I want others to get the same great experiences from it.
"Every student learns in their own way but these videos allow them to take in the important details in a new format and when they’re watching them alongside their notes from lessons and their textbooks, that’s giving them the best opportunity in their course."