Progression for Science
"I think the biggest challenge for students going forward is understanding the new grading system and understanding where that puts them nationally. Also being able to identify their strengths and weaknesses as they are going through the course so that they can be best prepared for their GCSEs."
- James Medforth, Head of Science, King Harold Academy
Our Science Activelearn Progress & Assess (formerly Pearson Progression Services) is a reliable, easy to use service to help you measure and report students’ progress from KS3 to GCSE. You can use our progress assessments and tools alongside your own systems to give you confidence in your data, help you plan appropriate interventions, and inform teaching plans.
This service is included as part of a full ActiveLearn subscription or available as part of a separate Progress & Assess subscription.
Science ActiveLearn Progress & Assess includes:
- 12-Step Progression Scale and mapping to 9-1 indicative GCSE grades
- Progression Map
- Baseline assessments for KS3 and KS4
- Baseline, end-of-unit and end-of-year assessments
- Mark schemes for all assessments
- Markbooks that provide analysis of students’ results.
The Science Progression Scale and Map covers both GCSE and International GCSE.
We welcome your feedback at email@example.com