Progression for MFL
Our French, Spanish and German Progression Maps and Scales are reliable, easy to use tools to track students’ progress over Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. Each comprises of 12 steps ranging from low (1) to high (12) challenge. An average student is expected to reach the 4th step by the end of Year 7 and then make one step of progression in each of Years 8-11. The first four steps are closer together to reflect students’ more rapid progress when they start learning a language.
Pearson Progression Service for mfl is a reliable, easy to use system to track students’ progress, from KS3 to GCSE to A level. It can work alongside your own system, will give you confidence in your data, help you plan appropriate interventions, and save your teachers’ time.
The Pearson Progression Service for mfl includes:
- 12-Step Progression Scale and mapping to 9-1 indicative GCSE grades
- Progression Map
- Baseline assessments for KS3 and KS4
- End-of-topic, end-of-term and end-of-year assessments
- Mark schemes for all assessments
- Markbooks that provide analysis of students’ results.
The mfl Progression Scale and Map covers both GCSE and International GCSE.
We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org