This Teaching Guide offers simple, practical guidance for supporting struggling readers at Key Stage 3.
- Step-by-step guidance for each fiction and non-fiction text, including one-to-one and group reading support, written by an experienced SEN specialist.
- Practical support for teaching EAL students, written by EAL experts and approved by NALDIC, the professional association for English as an Additional Language.
- Guidance on getting the most out of the 'Before reading' and 'Quiz' pages in the Reading Books, to encourage struggling readers and support comprehension.
- Further comprehension questions with prompts and writing activities linked to the texts students have read.
- Follow-on activities for students to practise and consolidate spelling and comprehension.
- Straightforward guidance on how to use the assessment texts, written by the Series Editor, Dee Reid, including 'next steps' provision and 'top tips' for helping struggling readers to progress.