BTEC Level 3 National Sport Book 1
Part of the BTEC Level 3 National Sport series
- Publication Date
- June 2010
This Student Book supports the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 National Sport QCF specification for first teaching from September 2010.
Book 1 covers all the core units for the Performance and Excellence, and the Coaching, Development and Fitness pathways. Providing your students with learner-friendly, engaging and work-focused textbooks, featuring expert guidance on assessments and how candidates can achieve their best possible grade.
- Covers all the core units for the Performance and Excellence, and the Coaching, Development and Fitness pathways.
- Achieve your potential: Assessment activities in each unit give your students plenty of practice to deepen their knowledge and understanding, and grading tips for every activity help them to achieve the best possible grade.
- Put yourself in the professionals’ shoes : WorkSpace case studies take your learners into the real world of work, showing them how they can apply their knowledge in a real-life context.
- Advice from former students on how your learners can make their BTEC experience a stepping stone to success.
- Edexcel’s Assignment tips: Written by experts in the BTEC team, there’s invaluable unit-by-unit advice on how to get the most from your BTEC course.
Mark Adams, Ray Barker, Adam Gledhill, Chris Lydon, Chris Mulligan, Pam Phillippo and Louise Sutton
All have combined experience of teaching, verifying, specification writing and authoring best-selling books. They have developed educational resources, publications and tutor training programmes and have worked hard to bring you a range of engaging and motivating resources for the BTEC 2010 specifications.
Unit 1 Principles of anatomy and physiology in sport
Unit 2 The physiology of fitness
Unit 3 Assessing risk in sport
Unit 4 Fitness training and programming
Unit 5 Sports coaching
Unit 6 Sports development
Unit 7 Fitness testing for sport and exercise
Unit 8 Practical team sports
Unit 9 Practical individual sports
Unit 11 Sports nutrition
Unit 17 Psychology for sports performance
Unit 27 Technical and tactical skills in sport
Unit 28 The athlete’s lifestyle
For more optional units, see Book 2.
BTEC Level 3 National Sport Student Book Unit 17 sample pages
* Sample pages are subject to final approval, and may contain minor errors.